Missing Shih Tzu Returns to Owner 8 years After She Gave Him Up For Dead

A missing Shih Tzu called Roxy returned home after eight years on New Years Eve, stunning her delighted owner who had given him up for dead.

Magdalena Klubczuk, 35, thought three-year-old Roxy had been run over after she went missing from her garden while she was at work in the spring of 2013.

Ms. Klubczuk, who lives in Connah’s Quay in Wales, had spent weeks searching for her beloved pet and contacted local veterinary practices, with no luck.

Eventually, Ms. Klubczuk gave up hope of finding her and presumed she had died or been stolen after no one turned her in.

But at around 11 pm on New Year’s Eve Roxy, now 10, was spotted running through the streets of Buckley and taken to Skylor’s Animal Rescue.

Dawn Taylor, who runs the centre in Dobshill, scanned the dog to see if she had a microchip and was able to get the contact details for Ms. Klubczuk.

A three-year-old Shih Tzu, stunned her owner when he returned home on New Year’s Eve – eight years after he went missing and was presumed dead.

Ms. Klubczuk, a mother-of-one said: ‘When I received the phone call I told them it was not possible.

‘When she explained I couldn’t even speak I was that shocked. We’ve spent all these years thinking she was dead.

‘I was at work and she was at home with my son and my brother, the door was open for her to go into the garden.

‘When I got home I realized she was gone.

‘She had a collar on with my details on it and she was chipped so I’m starting to think she may have been stolen.

‘I reported it to the vets, but I heard nothing and overtime just gave up hope.

‘I was just in total disbelief. I actually told her it wasn’t possible because my dog was next to me on the sofa, then I realised she was talking about Roxy!’

Magdalena Klubczuk, 35, thought her three-year-old Shih Tzu named Roxy had had been run over after she went missing from her garden while she was at work in the spring of 2013.

Roxy stayed Skylor’s Animal Rescue overnight and during an inspection Ms Taylor discovered that she has a mammary tumor.

She is now staying with a friend of Ms Klubczuk until she can safely introduce her to her six year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

She added: ‘I will be taking her to the vets on Monday. She looks well, but she is very skinny.

‘Until then we just don’t know how serious the tumour is. It was such an emotional reunion, I felt like she recognised me when she saw me’.

Spread Love:
Scroll to Top